Nepal reports 118 new coronavirus cases: Health Ministry
Kathmandu, Jul 10 () Nepal has reported 118 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of infections in the country to 16,649, the health ministry said on Friday.
The new cases of the coronavirus are getting detected as the Nepalese government has intensified COVID-19 tests in the country.
"Nepal's total coronavirus infected cases have surged to 16,649 as 118 new cases of COVID–19 have been confirmed during tests conducted at various 25 laboratories across the country in the past 24 hours," said the Ministry of Health and Population in a statement.
As many as 120 COVID-19 patients have been discharged after recovery in the past 24 hours, taking the number of patients who recovered to 8,011, Jageshwar Gautam, the spokesperson of the health ministry, said.
The ministry said there are 8,603 coronavirus active patients currently undergoing treatment at various health facilities across the country.
Till now the Nepal government has conducted coronavirus tests on 275,951 people across the country.Globally, the coronavirus continues to infect more people with the number of total infections standing at 12,291,645 and 555,486 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University. SBP RUP RUP RUP
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- India emerges as the world's largest producer, consumer of sugar
- Scientists find new evidence for liquid water on Mars
- Both GST and Excise duty can be imposed on tobacco: Karnataka HC
- Godrej Consumer Products expects improved consumption in second half of this fiscal
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World