Nightclubs and a prison cluster lead to fresh surge of Covid-19 cases in Thailand
Of Monday's new cases, 182 were domestic infections and 12 others were imported, CCSA spokeswoman Apisamai Srirangsan said.
Of the domestic cases, 94 were confirmed in the Narathiwat prison and 46 in
AdvertisementThe Narathiwat prison on Sunday reported a total of 112 infections -- 87 male inmates, one female inmate, 23 prison wardens and one nurse.
Meanwhile, the country has confirmed 71 cases so far in night entertainment venues including bars, restaurants with live music and karaoke lounges in Thong Lor and Ekkamai areas of Bangkok and in other provinces, Apisamai said.
The cluster cases comprise 40 in Bangkok, 11 in Pathum Thani, eight in Nonthaburi and seven in Nakhon Pathom, among other provinces.
The authorities may step up enforcement to stem the spread of the virus, such as temporary closure of certain entertainment venues or an entire area in which several entertainment places are located, Apisamai said.
Thailand has so far confirmed a total of 29,321 cases, of which 27,840 patients have fully recovered and been released from hospitals while 1,386 others are currently hospitalized.
A total of 95 fatalities were reported.
Here’s a look at what is allowed and what is not during the weekend lockdown and night curfew in Maharashtra
Odisha night curfew: a list of what is open and closed in 10 districts, as Covid-19 cases spike
Facebook-backed Meesho raises $300 million from SoftBank Vision Fund 2 – valuation jumps to over $2 billion
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry