Oxford High shooting suspect's mom once wrote an open letter to Trump praising his defense of gun rights
- The mother of the the Oxford High school
shootingsuspect once praised Trump's gun stance.
- Jennifer Crumbley wrote a blog after the 2016 election thanking Trump for protecting gun rights.
The mother of the Oxford High School shooting suspect once wrote an open letter to former President Donald Trump praising his defense of gun rights.
Jennifer Crumbley, 43, published a blog on WordPress shortly after the 2016 election, addressing Trump and explaining why she voted for him.
As part of the blog, she thanked him "for respecting [the Second] Amendment," and allowing her the "right to bear arms."
She also thanked him for "Allowing me to be protected if I show a home to someone with bad intentions," referencing her then-job as a realtor.
Authorities said Crumbley's 15-year-old son, Ethan, opened fire with a 9mm Sig Sauer SP 2022 pistol that his dad bought on Black Friday. Four students died in the attack and several others were wounded, authorities said.
Ethan now faces homicide and terrorism charges and will be charged as an adult.
Prosecutors are currently weighing whether to charge the teen's parents in the shooting.
In the aftermath of the shooting,
Trump reversed his position on gun control before running for office in 2016.
Since his presidential win, he has repeatedly sided with gun owners, and most recently celebrated the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse, the 18-year-old who fatally shot two men and injured a third during a protest following the August 2020 police shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
- A student who accidentally became a millionaire with a cult following after selling his expressionless selfies as NFTs says he feels confused
- Internship at Bureau of Police Research & Development: Checkout all the details including last date, eligibility and stipend
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- Reliance Industries, Vodafone Idea, Axis Bank, Deepak Nitrite and other hot stocks on January 24
- Fortune oil maker Adani Wilmar is looking to acquire southern players in edible oil, FMCG industry
- After 10-minute grocery delivery, a 15-minute ambulance service grabs investor interest
- Decentralised file sharing, movie streaming, and much more — these are top five Web3 cryptocurrencies to keep an eye on in 2022
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions