Photos of the Queen at Prince Harry's wedding and Prince Philip's funeral - held at the same venue - highlight the impact of her loss
- Prince Philip's funeral took place at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle on Saturday.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were married in the same church in 2018.
- Photos of the Queen at both events highlight Philip's loss in her life.
Prince Philip, the longest serving consort to a monarch in history, died at 99-years-old.
The late Duke of Edinburgh's funeral was Saturday at St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle.The Queen attended the funeral, alongside 29 other members of the royal family.
Queen Elizabeth has been to the chapel for countless events throughout her life. But photos of her at the funeral juxtaposed with those of her at Prince Harry's wedding emphasize the impact of
At Meghan and Harry's wedding, the Queen sat next to Prince Philip in one of her signature, colorful ensembles.The couple was surrounded by other wedding guests, including Prince William and Prince Charles. In one photo from the day, Prince Philip looked over at the Queen, offering her a small smile.
But at his funeral, the Queen sat alone.
The limited number of attendees appeared to be seated according to household to adhere to UK coronavirus guidelines.After Philip's passing, the Queen is the only member of her household in her family, leaving her isolated at the event.
Rather than her bright outfits, the Queen wore an all-black ensemble to Philip's funeral. A black mask and hat completed the look.
She sat directly in front of Philip's casket, which was covered in the national flag of Greece, Mountbatten stripes, and Prince Philip's hat from the Royal Navy.The images of the Queen alone are stark, particularly when compared to the pictures of her in the same room with her husband by her side.
- Delhi extends lockdown till May 17, more strict restrictions to be imposed
- China's Long March rocket debris falls in Indian Ocean close to Maldives, ending days of uncertainty
- India crosses 4,000 mark of COVID deaths in a single day, total 2,42,362 fatalities reported so far
- Debris from China's disintegrating rocket enters Earth's atmosphere
- UP's Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath announces free funerals for deceased Covid patients