One person dead, multiple hospitalized in a mass shooting in Bryan, Texas
- Police responded to a shooting at an industrial park in Bryan, Texas, on Thursday afternoon.
- Lt. Jason James with Bryan Police said that the scene was secure, and victims were taken to the hospital.
- One person was killed, and multiple others were hospitalized. A shooting suspect is in custody.
One person was killed and five other were injured in a shooting at Kent Moore Cabinets in an industrial park in Bryan, Texas, on Thursday afternoon.
At a press conference Thursday, Lt. Jason James with Bryan Police said that the call came in at around 2:30 p.m. local time, and six ambulances responded to the shooting.Victims were taken to the hospital: four were critically injured, and one victim suffered non-critical injuries. The victim who suffered non-critical injuries was hospitalized due to an asthma attack during the shooting, according to authorities. One person was killed.
A DPA spokesperson told WFAA that Tovar was trying to apprehend the suspect when he was shot. He was airlifted to a hospital where he underwent surgery, the DPS spokesperson said.Bryan Police Chief Eric Buske confirmed that the suspect was in custody after a pursuit with DPS troopers.
The Bryan Police Department confirmed the suspect was an employee of the business in an evening tweet.The motive is still unknown.
-Bryan Police Department (@BryanPolice) April 8, 2021Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued a statement Thursday evening, confirming that the suspect had been arrested and adding that his administration was investigating the shooting with authorities.
-Molly Oak (@MollyAndAMic) April 8, 2021
During a press conference late on Thursday, DPS Lt. Craig Cummings confirmed that the suspect shot at a DPS trooper in Grimes County while on the run and that Tovar was in stable condition, being treated for his injuries.
Kent Moore Cabinets issued a statement on Thursday, saying it was "devastated," by the shooting at its Bryan manufacturing plant."We want to thank the many members of our law enforcement teams and other emergency personnel who responded so quickly. We are fully cooperating with law enforcement during the investigation of this horrible crime. We ask that you respect the privacy of the family members of those who were involved," the statement said.
The Bryan Police Department confirmed on Twitter that the suspect was Larry Bollin, a 27-year-old man who lives in Grimes County.
"The suspect has been apprehended in Grimes County by Texas Department of Public Safety. The subject was booked into Brazos County Sheriff's Office and charged with murder," the police said in a tweet, adding that Bollin was being held on a $1 million bond.
-Bryan Police Department (@BryanPolice) April 9, 2021This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- ICICI Bank, Tech Mahindra, Nestle India and other hot stocks to track on April 20
- Notified new policy on rare diseases, approved budget of Rs 25 crore for treatment: Centre to HC
- Former PM Manmohan Singh admitted to AIIMS after testing positive for COVID-19
- If you are 18 years or older, you can get a COVID-19 vaccine from May 1
- India is promoting a new internet protocol— the government is offering help for websites to migrate