Police say Oregon man who stole a car with a child in the back seat came back and 'lectured' the mom about parenting
- A car thief in Beaverton,
Oregon, returned a mother's child after realizing the 4-year-old was in the back seat of the car he was stealing, according to the police.
- The thief scolded the mother before driving off in the car, a police spokesman said.
- "He actually lectured the mother for leaving the child in the car and threatened to call the police on her," the spokesman, Matt Henderson, told The Oregonian.
The police in Oregon are looking for a man who they say stole a car with a child in the back seat only to return the 4-year-old and reprimand the mom about her parenting.
The theft took place outside a grocery store in Beaverton, Oregon, on Saturday when the mom left the car running with the child in the back seat, local authorities said.
The mother left the car unlocked and went inside to buy a gallon of milk and some meat, according to The Oregonian.
The thief happened to walk by and hopped in the car, the New York Post reported.
He soon realized the 4-year-old was in the back seat and pulled back into the parking lot, returning the child to the mother - but not without scolding her, according to Beaverton police.
"He actually lectured the mother for leaving the child in the car and threatened to call the police on her," a Beaverton police spokesman, Matt Henderson, told The Oregonian.
The thief ordered the mom to take the child before driving off in the car.
"Obviously, we're thankful he brought the little one back and had the decency to do that," Henderson said.
- Sony launches Bravia TV with 'Cognitive Processor XR', priced at ₹3,69,990
- PV Sindhu wins India’s 19th gold at the Commonwealth Games 2022 - Here are the other gold medal winners
- India’s Tejas fighter aircraft may soon make its international debut – check out the features
- Mahindra adds a new mini truck to its Jeeto Plus range
- JEE Advanced exam eligibility, how to register, fees and result – everything you need to know