Police tased and arrested a woman refusing to wear a mask at a middle school football game
policeofficer arrested a woman who refused to wear a maskat a middle school football game, according to the Logan Police Department in Ohio.
- The woman continued to refuse wearing one even after she was told she was violating school policy and would have to leave, police said.
- The officer ultimately used his
taseron her shoulder, and she was charged with criminal trespassing and released at the scene, police said.
An Ohio police officer tasered and arrested a maskless woman at a middle school football game in the Logan Hocking School District Wednesday evening, according to a press release from the Logan Police Department.
The woman, Alecia D. Kitts refused to wear a mask, claiming she had asthma, police said.
The officer, Chris Smith, was on duty as a School Resource Officer at the game when he noticed Kitts maskless in the stands. He asked her to wear one in accordance with school policy, police said.
When Kitts refused, police said, Smith said that she would have to leave or would be "cited for trespassing and escorted off the property," according to police.
As Kitts continued to refuse wearing a mask, Smith "advised her she was under arrest for criminal trespassing" and, as she resisted, he used his taser on Kitts' shoulder, police said. Kitts was charged with criminal trespassing and released at the scene, police said.
"The female was not arrested for failing to wear a mask, she was asked to leave the premises for continually violating school policy," police said in the statement.
Kitts didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
Videos of the incident sparked outrage on social media. According to ABC's "Good Morning America," the school's superintendent placed the school district on lockout after receiving threats. No threats were found to be credible, according to "Good Morning America."
Only in LOGAN OHIO does a person get TASED AND ARRESTED for not wearing a freaking MASKHere u can also see very clearly that NEITHER of these cops even had a mask on, (or it was pulled down, serving absolutely no purpose, in the male officers case) yet they’re arresting this girl for not wearing a mask TURN VOLUME UP♀️ Police brutality at its finestStop messaging me, nothing anyone ever says will justify what that cop did.EDIT TO ADD: A video clipping from Ohio governor Dewines briefing has been attached in the comments.Also there are stories from journalist and reporters going around stating that I said the woman was not asked or told to put on a mask. That is false and I never said that ANYONE. Just wanted to clear that upTo use this video in a commercial player or in broadcasts, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgPosted by Tiffany Lynn Kennedy on Wednesday, September 23, 2020
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons