Prince Andrew tried to discredit the Jeffrey Epstein victim who says she had sex with the Duke of York when she was 17. His alibis don't add up.
- In his long-awaited BBC interview over the weekend, Prince Andrew gave several alibis to refute the claim that he had sex with one of Jeffrey Epstein's accusers when she was 17.
- But many of his excuses just don't add up, and they're being torn apart by news organizations and social media users.
- Prince Andrew said he was unable to sweat, he was with his kids that night, and he didn't like to party. None of those claims stand to scrutiny.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
During an interview about his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein on Saturday, Prince Andrewmade several excuses to downplay their relationship and refute allegations that he had sex with one of Epstein's underage victims.
But several of those excuses - including the allegation that he and the Duchess of York never left their daughters home alone - are demonstrably false.
Here are some of the excuses Prince Andrew made in the interview, and the evidence that either proves them wrong or raises serious questions about their validity.
Britain's Prince Andrew answered questions about his friendship with sex abuser Jeffrey Epstein in an interview that aired Saturday on the BBC.
The Duke of York downplayed his relationship with Epstein and offered alibis to refute the allegation that he had sex with one of Epstein's victims, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, when she was 17 years old.
Giuffre said Epstein's girlfriend, Ghislaine Maxwell, pressured her to have sex with the duke after partying at London nightclub Tramp in 2001. Prince Andrew said he has "no recollection of ever meeting her."
But a photo exists of that alleged first meeting, showing Prince Andrew with his arm around Giuffre with Maxwell standing in the background.
Prince Andrew provided two notable alibis to deny participating in the sex trafficking of Giuffre. The first is that he couldn't have sweated profusely before the alleged sexual encounter, as Giuffre claimed, because he wasn't able to sweat at the time.
But photos from the time show Prince Andrew sporting an oily face on nights out. Other social media users pointed to reports from that era where Prince Andrew's sweating was noted at social events.
The second alibi was that he was at home with his daughters on the night in question. He said he and his ex-wife had a rule that one of them had to be with the kids always, and she was out of town that night.
Again, photos show that they had broken this rule at least once before, four months earlier.
At an earlier point in the interview, Prince Andrew claimed that he never really partied after he got married.
Tabloid photos tell a different story.
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons