Queen Elizabeth personally told Prince Andrew he would be stripped of his royal patronages and military titles, reports say
Prince Andrewwas stripped of his royal patronages and military titles on Thursday. The Queeninformed him in a 90-minute meeting at Windsor Castle, the Daily Mail and NY Post said.
The monarch summoned her second son for the meeting to Windsor Castle on Thursday morning to tell him he would no longer hold the title of His Royal Highness "in any official capacity," the Post reported.
The Daily Mail also published photos of the Duke of York leaving his nearby home, Royal Lodge, by car.
He was accompanied by his attorney, Gary Bloxsome, who had to wait for Andrew in the parking lot as he was not allowed into Windsor Castle, the Mail reported. It's unclear why the lawyer was unable to enter the royal residence.
It's also unclear if anyone else was at the meeting.
A source told the Post the meeting was "cutting."
"There was nothing from the Queen about her sadness or dismay, nothing emotional at all," the Post's source said.
Buckingham Palace on Thursday announced that Andrew had been stripped of his military titles and royal patronages, and that he would defend himself from sexual-assault allegations as a private citizen. A royal source also told Insider's Mikhaila Friel that the duke would lose his HRH status.
The palace's announcement came days after a New York court rejected Andrew's request to dismiss a sexual-assault lawsuit brought by the Jeffrey Epstein accuser Virginia Giuffre.
For years, Giuffre has alleged that she was forced by Epstein to have sex with Andrew. In August, she filed a lawsuit against the royal, accusing him of sexually assaulting her. Andrew has repeatedly denied those claims.
- 911 dispatchers say skiers are accidentally setting off Apple's new crash-detection technology without realizing, triggering emergency calls
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Indian markets open marginally lower amid weak global cues – PB Fintech, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors, M&M, Bajaj Auto and other stocks in focus
- Sensex, Nifty50 snap 8-day winning streak amid weak global cues – autos, financial services drag
- These companies are the top 10 employers in India as per Hurun list 2022
- Disney reveals AI tool that can re-age actors
- BYD dominates the electric car market in Q3 2022 with 6 cars in the top 10
- Tata Power to invest Rs 6,000 crore in 5 years Odisha towards EV charging, microgrids and more
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- VerSe Innovation Company
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World