Starbucks will make all of its US workers get vaccinated or test weekly for COVID-19
Starbuckswill require all of its US workers get vaccinated against COVID-19 or test weekly.
- Staff in cafes, plants, distribution centers, and offices must reveal vaccination status by Jan. 10.
Starbucks will require all of its US workers get vaccinated against COVID-19 or test weekly for the virus.
"The vaccine is the best option we have, by far, when it comes to staying safe and slowing the spread of Covid-19," Starbucks North America President John Culver said in a memo reviewed by Insider to employees on December 27.
Staff in cafes, plants, distribution centers, and offices all must reveal their vaccination status by January 10, and the new mandate will begin on February 9, the memo said.
Employees who choose to not get vaccinated against COVID-19 will have to take an Occupational Safety and Health Administration-approved test and submit a negative result before showing up to work each week, according to the memo.
"Fully vaccinated means both shots of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or the single-shot J&J vaccine," the memo said, with no mention of a booster shot.
The new mandate will impact an estimated 220,000 to 230,000 workers, a Starbucks spokesperson confirmed to Insider.
The coffee company's new rules come after the Biden Administration in November announced that federal government employees or those working for large companies must be vaccinated or submit to regular testing at the start of 2022.
Since the announcement from the White House, there has been a slew of lawsuits filed against the administration from states that opposed the mandates.
- In yet another setback to Ola's quality control, a user has alleged that his Ola S1 Pro's front suspension broke while driving
- Kia EV6 is now up for pre-booking in India — All you need to know about the futuristic electric vehicle
- IT jobs are safer than startup jobs but a salary bubble burst awaits them
- This travel agency stock has given 183% returns in a year - after pandemic changed its fortunes
- Gautam Adani crashes out of the $100 billion club, but still is 10x richer than he was 2 years back
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction