The best acne treatments for bumps and blemishes
- Acne treatments are a quick and easy way to banish blemishes without having to switch up your entire skincare routine.
- Our top pick is the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion because it is an effective spot treatment that acts fast to draw impurities from the skin and shrinks pimples overnight.
Even those of us blessed with clear skin have to deal with a dreaded pimple from time to time. Thankfully there is a way to zap zits fast that doesn't involve popping them! You can avoid making the blemish worse by reaching for an acne treatment that will target individual spots head-on.
While other acne treatments are applied to your entire face to fight breakouts, topical spot treatments are used to target individual pimples and quickly shrink them without scaring or disrupting the rest of your face.
Most options feature varying amounts of salicylic acid as their active ingredient, which works to clear clogged pores and banish the bacteria found inside the blemish. Some also feature ingredients that work to reduce redness and soothe skin, while others help prevent future breakouts.
With acne spot creams, gels, patches, and even concealers available, finding the right one for you can feel overwhelming. So we did the research to find the best-reviewed acne treatments you can buy.
Here are the best acne treatments:
- Best acne treatment overall: Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
- Best drugstore acne treatment: Clean & Clear Advantage Spot Treatment
- Best acne treatment patch: Peter Thomas Roth Acne-Clear Invisible Dots
- Best acne treatment that conceals: It Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout Concealer
- Best clean-beauty acne treatment: Origins Super Spot Remover Blemish Treatment Gel
Updated on 10/22/2019 by Remi Rosmarin: Updated links, formatting, and prices.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.