The best baby bottles
- There are many different baby bottles to choose from, from ones designed for colic to others that mimic breastfeeding.
- Some babies prefer certain brands and designs over others, so we tested and evaluated each bottle in this guide according to these considerations.
- Our pick for the best baby bottle is Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Options+ Anti-Colic Glass Bottle for its interchangeable nipples and tops, removable anti-colic vent, and durability.
When it comes to choosing the right bottle for your baby, it can be overwhelming. There are many different types of bottles, and the truth is, sometimes you may have to try more than one before you find the best option for your baby.
Different babies will have different needs. For example, a strictly bottle-fed baby may prefer a specific nipple design, while a primarily breastfed baby may need a longer nipple or wider mouth. Or you may have a preemie baby, a baby with colic, or another situation that could warrant special features.As a parent, you may not have a problem with plastic bottles, or you may only want a glass or silicone nonplastic bottle. The point is, you have to find the baby bottle that works best for you and your family's needs, so I have tested all different kinds of baby bottles to help you narrow down your search. Advertisement
What makes me an expert to choose the best baby bottles for caregivers to use for their own babies? Well, for one, I've used bottles in almost all different types of feeding scenarios with my own five children, including strictly breastfed babies who needed a bottle when I wasn't present, a full-time bottle-fed baby, a baby who had a mixture of formula and breast milk through a bottle, and a premature baby who had very different needs for a bottle. I'm also a registered nurse who worked in obstetrics for several years, where I had the opportunity to bottle-feed many babies.
To help you find the best baby bottle, I put together this guide by testing all of the bottles with my own baby, from the age of newborn through 8 months old. During that time, she was primarily bottle-fed, although we did attempt nursing at the breast as well. I tested everything from the leading and lesser-known brands of bottles and bottles for specific purposes, like for breastfed babies and formula-feeding. For more feeding-related guides, see the best bottle warmers and breast pumps.
Here are our top picks for the best baby bottles you can buy:
- Best bottle overall: Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Options+ Anti-Colic Glass Baby Bottle
- Best silicone bottle: Comotomo Baby Bottles
- Best bottle for formula mixing: PopYum Anti-Colic Formula Bottles
- Best bottle for breastfed babies: Perry Mackin
- Best budget bottle: Dr. Brown's Original Baby Bottle
You can purchase syndication rights to this story here.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Reviews team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.