The best toothpaste for kids
- It can be hard to get your kids to brush their teeth, but once you find the right toothpaste, things get a little easier.
- To find the best kids' toothpaste, we consulted a pediatric dentist, reviewed American Dental Association recommendations, and tested products.
- Our top pick for the best kids' toothpaste is Tom's of Maine Silly Strawberry Toothpaste because it's all-natural, effective, and appealing to kids.
Going under the dental drill is no one's idea of a good time. I wouldn't wish a cavity on the most annoying telemarketer, let alone my kid.We know that maintaining good dental hygiene is paramount in preventing tooth decay and other yucky oral conditions, but convincing a child to commit to a twice-a-day brushing habit can be even harder than forcing yourself to cleanse and floss before you fall facedown into bed at night. That's why choosing a kids' toothpaste that checks all the necessary boxes is key to managing your family's oral health.
The perfect kids' toothpaste for your family should taste pleasant enough that your mini-me wants to brush while using safe and healthy ingredients to offer stellar cleaning power.
We did the research, interviewed a pediatric dentist, reviewed the current pediatric dentistry recommendations, and even tested top brands on both my daughter and myself. Here are our top picks for the best kids' toothpaste you can buy.
Here is the best toothpaste for kids:
- Best toothpaste for kids overall: Tom's of Maine Natural Children's Toothpaste in Silly Strawberry
- Best toothpaste for kids with braces: The Natural Dentist Cavity Zapper for Kids
- Best toothpaste for cavity-prone kids: Aquafresh Kids Toothpaste, Bubble Mint
- Best non-fluoride kids' toothpaste: Kiss My Face Kids Toothpaste in Berry Smart
Updated 10/21/2019 by Lisa Sabatini: Updated prices, links, and formatting. Added related guides.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.