The best travel mugs
- All of the
travelmugs we recommend should keep your coffee hot during and after the morning rush.
- The Contigo Autoseal West Loop is the most versatile, easy-to-use choice for commuters.
A travel mug seems like it should be an easy purchase, but hold off on buying the first one to catch your eye in a big-box store. Any decent travel mug will keep your drink hot or cold for a few hours without leaking, but consider your habits before buying. Are you a car commuter who needs something that can fit securely in a cup holder? Do you want a mug that can be used one-handed while you scroll through Twitter on your phone? Will you be tossing the mug in your bag so you can savor it later at the office?
We combed through expert tests and roundups of travel mugs and read hundreds of owners' reviews to find five of the best options in this crowded category. Our picks include a great all-around option for commuters, a mug that can keep your coffee hot enough to drink for an entire day, and a more rugged option for weekend play. We also include travel mugs with more appeal for design lovers and tea drinkers.
Here are the best travel mugs you can buy:
- Best travel mug overall: Contigo Autoseal West Loop
- Best travel mug for hot drinks: Zojirushi Stainless Steel Mug
- Best travel mug for adventures: Camelbak Forge
- Best travel mug for design lovers: Ello Cole
- Best travel mug that's easy to use: OXO Good Grips Travel Mug
- Best rugged travel mug: YETI 20-ounce tumbler with the lid
- Best affordable travel mug: Copco Acadia Travel Mug
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.