The Loews Regency New York hotel in Manhattan's Upper East Side delivers on a classic hotel experience just steps from Central Park - here's why I think it's a great option for business travel and families
- Loews Regency New York is a posh five-star hotel in Manhattan's Upper East Side. It's close to Central Park and Midtown, making it popular with business travelers, families, and couples looking for something grown-up and refined.
- Rates start at $299 for spacious rooms and apartment-style suites with elegant, but traditional decor. It's not as splashy as some hipper counterparts, but this luxury property delivers on a classic hotel experience.
- I spent the night in a Manhattan Suite and was able to compare it to traditional standard rooms, entry-level suites, as well as designer residences, including one designed by Nate Berkus.
- Read all Insider Picks hotel reviews here.
Timeless and elegant with decor that's classy but very traditional, the Loews Regency New York Hotel in Manhattan's Upper East Side is the Upper East Side in hotel form.
It's not a hipster haven or a splashy show of contemporary design. And it's not trying to be. It's the kind of place UN dignitaries and corporate execs book for extended stays in apartment-style residences, and where families are able to spread out in a quieter area than Midtown. Or, I'm also told, it's where Upper East Side couples stay while their apartment is being redecorated.
During my recent stay, the property was buzzing with guests, a rarity in New York in January, speaking to the strong popularity this hotel enjoys. But it is most certainly a hotel for grownups: the crowd I observed in the elevator or lobby was consistently an older one.
Of course, it's not without hip factor. After all, fans of The Real Housewives of New York will surely recognize the hotel's name - the lobby bar is nearly an ancillary character on the show.
While I didn't spot a housewife during my stay, I did come to understand the broad appeal after spending the night in a Manhattan Suite and touring different entry-level rooms, plus top-tier offerings like an apartment-style suite designed by celebrity designer Nate Berkus.
With rates starting at $300, the five-star Loews Regency offers spacious rooms that are updated, functional, comfortable, and timeless - much like the Upper East Side itself.
- The first impression
- The room
- On-site amenities
- What's nearby
- What others say
- What you need to know
- The bottom line
- Book Loews Regency New York starting at $300 per night
Keep reading to see why I was so impressed by Loews Regency New York Hotel.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.