The Park South Hotel delivers on affordable room prices without sacrificing comfort in New York's NoMad neighborhood
- The Park South Hotel is a recently-renovated, well-reviewed property in Manhattan's NoMad neighborhood from World of Hyatt's Joie de Vivre boutique hotel collection.
- The rooms are relatively straightforward, but the culinary program is a stand-out. The rooftop bar, as well as the Mediterranean-inspired Covina, are both well worth a visit during any stay.
- I stayed in a King Room with a City View, which starts at a reasonable $214 a night. Opt for one double bed and prices are even more budget-friendly, beginning at $134 per night.
Though Manhattan's NoMad neighborhood doesn't quite carry the same recognition as SoHo or TriBeCa, its become a boutique hotel hotspot in recent years with the Park South Hotel anchoring the selection.The Park South Hotel has been hosting guests on 28th Street since 2007, just three blocks from the park that inspired its name. It underwent a full renovation in late 2015, modernizing rooms and public spaces, and opening the three restaurants that highlight the hotel's offerings.Advertisement
My King Room with City View was comped for review purposes, but for a mid-tier room, the going rate is incredibly reasonable, especially in high season. The price typically ranges from $214 to $293 if you book a few weeks in advance, which is pretty much a bargain for a higher-end hotel in New York. In a city where prices can surge hundreds of dollars a night based on time of year and demand, it's refreshing to see such stable pricing.
Better yet, the entry-level room with one double bed ranges from just $134 to $223. After spending the night here, I can vouch that lower prices don't risk sacrificing comfort.
- The first impression
- The room
- On-site amenities
- What's nearby
- What others say
- What you need to know
- The bottom line
- Book Park South Hotel starting at $134 a night here
Keep reading to see why I was so impressed by the Park South Hotel.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Einstein's theory of general relativity just got 500 times harder to beat thanks to the first-ever black hole to be caught on camera
- Twitter was temporarily down for users in India
- Reliance Retail cashes yet another hefty cheque – Mubadala to invest ₹6,247.5 crore
- North Pole could see more clouds as a new chemical compound infiltrates its skies
- New motor vehicle rules effective from October 1— Here’s everything you need to know