This entrepreneur paid off $100,000 in debt her first year in business
- Angelina Murphy opened a small salon in her own garage.
- Murphy paid off $100,000 in
debther first year in business.
- She learned to budget and manage her business in order to
Angelina Murphy worked in other people's salons for years. Towards the end of 2019, she opened her own business. Unlike other commercial salons, this one was housed in Murphy's garage. She aimed to save on costs with creative solutions.
Murphy's specialty is high-end, natural
Murphy still encountered nearly $100,000 in debt as she built her business. Before running her own salon, she had never used a budget to manage her finances. In spite of a pandemic that has led to an extraordinary number of business failures, Murphy paid off all her debt within the first year. Now she reinvests back into the business with the hopes of one day owning a commercial space that isn't in her garage.
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Best flagship phones in India in 2023
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- IIT Madras tops Indian institute ranking fifth year in a row – here are the top 10
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry