Three people killed, several injured in a ‘suspected’ terror attack in France
A knife attack in the second-largest French city on the Mediterranean coast has left the country in shock. Suspected to be a terror attack, the incident led to the decapitation of one woman, according to the local police.
Merci à nos policiers municipaux qui ont interpellé l'auteur d'une attaque à l'arme blanche dans le secteur Notre D… https://t.co/DGPiOX5jQu— Christian Estrosi (@cestrosi) 1603959920000
Overall three people have been reported dead with several others injured.
According to the Mayor of Nice, the attack occurred outside Notre Dame. French President Macron is due to travel to the city.
One person has been arrested so far.
The attack comes close on the heels of another beheading earlier this month. France is still reeling from the gruesome attack on French middle school teacher Samuel Paty in Paris.
- PM's visit to vaccine centres gets 'praise' from Congress
- Pollution, pandemic and pre-term birth
- Serum Institute of India threatens to seek ₹100 crore in damages from Chennai volunteer
- PM to interact with more teams of Covid-19 vaccine developers
- UP to have cold chain space for 1.23L litres of vaccine