Tokyo Olympics organizers are handing out more than 150,000 condoms to athletes - but also asking recipients not to use them at the Olympic village
- Organizers of the
Tokyo Olympicsplan to hand out more than 150,000 condomsto athletes.
- They'll also ask the more than 11,000 athletes at the games to continue social distancing.
- "The distributed condoms are not meant to be used at the Olympic Village," an official told AFP.
Organizers of the
The organizing committee made the request last week, Agence France-Presse reported.
The wire service said
Condoms have been handed out to Olympians since at least the 1988 Summer Olympics in South Korea.
At the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea, about 110,000 condoms were handed out, Insider reported at the time.
About 100,000 were distributed during the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. About 450,000 male and female condoms were handed out at the Rio Olympics in 2016.
Athletes arriving in Tokyo this summer will be told to continue social distancing. They'll be asked to bring the condoms to their home countries as a way of raising awareness of HIV and AIDS, Reuters reported.
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Best deals on kitchen and dining products
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Best deals on kitchen appliances
- India records 2,71,202 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, active cases highest in 225 days
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on laptops
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Top offers and deals on large electronic appliances
- Section 144 in Mumbai
- Elon Musk
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022