Top Stories this AM: Yang's out of the NYC mayoral race; Darrell Hammond is in - with Trump; Australia's mouse plague continues
Good morning and welcome to your weekday morning roundup of the top stories you need to know.
For more daily and weekly briefings, sign up for our newsletters here.
What's going on today:
- RIP Yang Gang. Andrew Yang concedes mayoral primary: "I am not going to be the next Mayor of New York City." Unofficial results showed Yang in fourth place, with Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams holding a commanding lead.
- Twitter trips up the White House. White House officials were duped into following a fake account pretending to be the Biden administration's top spy. The Twitter account @WRLD46 pretended to belong to Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines, the first woman to serve as US intel director.
- A! Mouse! Plague! Australia's mouse plague continues as a horde of mice infest a rural prison, forcing inmates and staff to evacuate. Swarms of mice have infiltrated a rural prison in the state of New South Wales, as Australia fights one of its worst mice plagues in recent history.
- Manchin plays the middle. Joe Manchin opens the door to backing Democrat-only infrastructure bill that rolls back "unfair" Trump tax cuts. Manchin's backing is pivotal and would allow a new spending bill to pass without any GOP votes. He wants to raise corporate taxes as well.
- Probably the first time you've thought of Darrell Hammond in years. Trump denies asking if DOJ and FEC could probe "SNL" and says the only person who "had what it took" to imitate him was ... Darrell Hammond. In his statement, Trump reminded everyone how much he disliked Alec Baldwin's impression of him.
That's all for now. See you tomorrow.
- Kalashnikovs to quadcopter drones - Russian reservists are back in boot camp to master weapon skills
- Jungles teach you patience, says actress Sadaa
- Half a dozen murders in a week send shockwaves across Indian community in US
- Looking to invest in IPOs? Here’s how to pick winners and spot the duds
- Nifty50 valuations remain expensive, but experts are divided on India's growth prospects
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World