Twitter marked a Trump tweet mocking CNN as 'manipulated media'
Donald Trumpas " manipulated media."
- Trump posted altered video of a "CNN" segment, featuring two toddlers who went viral last year, to suggest that racist incidents were being manufactured by the
- Twitter has been increasingly aggressive in labeling the president's violations of its terms of service. In May, it marked a Trump tweet as "glorifying violence."
View all Offers
Qube By Fort Collins Women's Nylon Bomber Jacket₹ 859₹ 2299Buy On
Qube By Fort Collins Men Jacket₹ 1049₹ 2799Buy On
VERO MODA Women Typography Brown Sweatshirt (1097136001_Auburn_XS)₹ 809₹ 1999Buy On
Qube By Fort Collins Men's Quilted Jacket₹ 949₹ 2399Buy On
MOCA by Monte Carlo Men's A-Line Coat₹ 2029₹ 3745Buy On
Twitter has flagged another tweet from the president of the United States as misleading, noting that Donald Trump had posted "manipulated media" Thursday night.
The June 18 post purported to be a segment from CNN. It took a real video that went viral last year, of two Black and white children embracing, and distorted it to make it appear as if the white child had actually chased the Black child.
The video, originally posted by a Trump superfan, maintained that "America is not the problem," suggesting that incidents of racism were being manufactured to cause outrage.
Twitter policy states that users "may not deceptively promote synthetic or manipulated media that are likely to cause harm." It says it may also mark such material "to help people understand their authenticity and to provide additional context."
In late May, Twitter flagged a Trump tweet about civil unrest – "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" — as "glorifying violence."
Have a news tip? Email this reporter: email@example.com
- WhatsApp won’t work on these phones from November 1: Check the full list
- Shiba Inu hits another all-time-high — now more valuable than Adani Enterprises, Tata Steel and Tech Mahindra
- Shiba Inu is not only bigger than Dogecoin — it’s now bigger than XRP, Polkadot and USD Coin as the seventh-biggest player in the market
- Best budget external hard disk drives under ₹4,000 in India
- IRCTC will lose a chunk of its revenue to the Indian government starting next month
- EaseMyTrip makes its first acquisition in 13 years to strengthen its hotel offerings
- Portugal''s political fate uncertain after govt budget defeat
- Battlegrounds Mobile India gets Dune-themed rewards in new crossover