UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is taken to hospital for tests, 10 days after testing positive for coronavirus
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been taken to the hospital for coronavirus tests.
- He announced on March 27 that he had contracted the COVID-19 virus and planned to self-isolate.
- "This is a precautionary step, as the Prime Minister continues to have persistent symptoms of coronavirus ten days after testing positive for the virus," a Downing Street spokesperson said.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Ten days after testing positive for the coronavirus, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson was taken to the hospital for tests, a Downing Street spokesperson said on Sunday."This is a precautionary step, as the Prime Minister continues to have persistent symptoms of coronavirus," including a high fever, the spokesperson said. This is not an emergency admission, but based on Johnson's doctor's advice.Advertisement
Johnson, who announced on March 27 that he had contracted the virus and would self isolate for seven days, remains at the helm of the British government.
"The Prime Minister thanks NHS staff for all of their incredible hard work and urges the public to continue to follow the Government's advice to stay at home, protect the NHS and save lives," the spokesperson continued.Johnson is not the only senior member of the UK government to test positive for the coronavirus. Health Secretary Matt Hancock also fell sick, but is now out of isolation.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.Do you have a personal experience with the coronavirus you'd like to share? Or a tip on how your town or community is handling the pandemic? Please email email@example.com and tell us your story.
And get the latest coronavirus analysis and research from Business Insider Intelligence on how COVID-19 is impacting businesses.
- In 4 months, Noida's COVID-19 tally goes from 1 to 2,765
- Over 100 people at Cuttack cancer hospital test COVID-positive in 10 days; probe ordered
- ICUs will be set up at COVID care centres in B'luru: Karnataka Dy CM
- COVID-19: Trial of COVAXIN and ZyCov-D marks 'beginning of the end', says scientist in article
- From 445 COVID-19 cases in March to 97,200 cases till July 4, Delhi third worst-hit region