Ukraine's first lady says her relationship with Zelenskyy is 'on pause' as they can't see each other for long periods during the war
- Ukraine's first lady said she doesn't get to see her husband, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy,
- Olena Zelenska told CNN that their relationship was "on pause."
Ukraine's first lady told CNN her relationship with her husband, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, was "on pause" as they're forbidden to see each other for long periods during the war.
In an interview aired Tuesday, Olena Zelenska told CNN's Christiane Amanpour that she is not allowed to see Zelenskyy very often and when she does, it's only for a short period of time.
"But at least I can physically feel him next to me," Zelenska told CNN.
"This isn't normal. It's not a normal relationship when children cannot see their father and have to talk to him on the phone. So our relationship is on pause just as it is for all Ukrainians," she said.
"We ... are waiting to be reunited, to be together again, to spend evenings together, to talk to the children about their things."
Both Zelenskyy and his wife have refused to leave
In the first two months of the war, the family was not able to see each other at all. Zelenskyy lived in his office with his staff while Zelenska and their two children, aged 17 and 9, were kept in a secret location.
In her CNN interview, Zelenska also said the ongoing war, which has moved away from Kyiv and intensified in the eastern Donbas region, had taken a large toll on the country and that she currently "cannot see the end of our suffering."
"It's very difficult to hold on for five months," Zelenska said. "We need to accumulate our strength, we need to save our energy."
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Toyota's president said he 'did a little happy dance' after the company dethroned GM to become the bestselling carmaker in the US last year
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World