Here’s how to track the US election 2020 results and how the votes will be counted this time
- Millions in the US go to vote for the next President of the United States – one of the most significant elections in recent times.
- US Presidential elections will have an impact not only on the US, but also on the rest of the world.
- The first in-person votes will be cast starting at 5 am EST, which translates to 3:30 pm IST. Voting will close the latest by 9 pm EST, which translates to 7:30 am IST on November 4.
- In India, you can keep track of the
US election resultson Business Insider, C-SPAN, and major US news channels.
A lot of you might be looking for answers to these questions. We’re here to help you out with the exact details for all of these questions. The US elections are not important just for the USA, but also for the rest of the world.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUMillions of US citizens and hundreds of millions of people in the rest of the world are watching with bated breath as the US goes to vote in one of the most important elections in recent times.
How to watch US election results live in India?
If you want to watch the US election results live in India, there are many ways to do so.
You can catch the US election results live on Business Insider as we work to bring you the latest election results and news round the clock.
C-SPAN will stream the election results, and the victory and concession speeches on its website.
Major US publications like The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal will cover live updates on their websites and social media platforms. Apart from them, CNN, BBC, and other international news channels will also cover the US election results live.
When will the US election results be announced?
We are unlikely to know who won the US Presidential election on Election Day, primarily because there is a massive increase in mail-in voting. Mail-in voting refers to US citizens sending their votes via postal ballot.
Some US states might continue to count postal ballots even after the Election Day, which is November 3.
Important states like Michigan and Pennsylvania might not declare the results for a few days after November 3.
Other states like Arizona, North Carolina, and Florida are expected to declare the results on the night of November 3.
Most states will begin polling on November 3, at 6 am EST (Eastern Standard Time), which will be 4:30 pm in India. Voting will close by 9 pm EST, which will be 7:30 am on November 4 in India.
US election results tracker
AdvertisementNovember 3: Out of the 50 states in the US, 36 are expected to count most of the votes and declare the results by November 3.
November 4: Wisconsin is expected to declare its results by November 3, or latest by November 4.
November 5: Connecticut and Indiana are expected to declare their results by November 5 at the latest.
AdvertisementNovember 6: Michigan and Pennsylvania are expected to declare their results by November 6.
Mid- to late-November: The remaining states are expected to declare their full results by mid- to late-November.
Here are what five possible US election outcomes means for stimulus, according to a macro investment strategist
Here’s what the result of the US elections could mean for Indian stock market
20 charts that explain why Indian Americans are more likely to vote for Joe Biden in the 2020 US Presidential Election
- Monero’s ‘Fluffypony’ joins John McAfee, Ross Ulbricht and Arthur Hayes behind bars — but for a non-crypto crime
- Dr Subhash Chandra reveals his plans of venturing into video in digital space
- IOB asks Union Bank to buy its stake in Malaysian bank
- Adani Group firm Adani Wilmar to raise ₹4,500 crore via IPO
- Travel portal Ixigo moves a step closer to IPO