US navy chief out over handling of ship virus outbreak: senator
Washington, Apr 8 (AFP) US Navy Secretary Thomas Modly resigned Tuesday over his mishandling of an outbreak of the coronavirus on the USS Theodore Roosevelt aircraft carrier, a senior senator confirmed. Modly stepped down five days after removing the Roosevelt's captain, Brett Crozier, for writing a letter, which was leaked to the media, describing the virus-struck vessel's dire situation and alleging the Pentagon was not paying adequate attention to it. (AFP) RAXRAX
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra: Capture your world in brand new way
- Golden lion tamarins, Gautemala forest fires and illegal logging in Nepal — saving endangered species disrupted by coronavirus
- India's Daman and Diu remains coronavirus-free thanks to its 'Corona Warriors'
- Apple Watch ECG feature coming to Japan and Brazil
- India-China border dispute to be resolved through talks, says MEA