Video shows DC trucker convoy brought to a snail's pace by single cyclist who took up an entire lane
- The trucker convoy in Washington, DC, was temporarily stalled by a lone cyclist who took up an entire lane.
- The cyclist was caught on camera driving at a snail's pace as drivers in trucks behind him honked.
A lone cyclist on Saturday appeared to stall the trucker convoy congregating in the Washington, DC, area in protest of COVID-19 restrictions nationwide.
Video posted to social media shows an unidentified person riding a bike at a slow speed in the middle of a single lane, forcing all the other trucks behind them to match their pace.
The person is looking straight ahead onto the road as truck drivers angrily honk their horns behind.
—philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) March 19, 2022
One driver pulled up next to the cyclist.
"Hey, what are you doing? You got a a bunch of trucks behind you," the driver asks the cyclist, who pulls in closer to the car to hear them.
The driver repeats the question, but the cyclist dismisses it because "it's too loud."
"I can't hear you," the cyclist told the driver. Then the cyclist looks away from the driver and continues to ride in the middle of the lane.
The convoy drove from Adelanto, California, to Washington, DC, to protest pandemic restrictions such as mask-wearing. The protest was inspired by the "Freedom Convoy" in Canada, which took place earlier this year. Participants of the Canadian convoy at the time were demanding that the government lift all COVID-19 mandates.
Even before it arrived, the DC trucker convoy attracted attention from some of the nation's topmost officials. Last month, for example, the Department of Defense decided to deploy nearly 700 National Guard members to facilitate traffic. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she felt "confident" that the Capitol would be secure ahead of the arrival of the convoy.
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- International air travel penetration remains low in India: CAPA
- "Meeting friends is always a delight": PM Modi reacts to 'Melodi' selfie shared by Italian counterpart Georgia Meloni
- WhatsApp testing new feature that lets you search users by their username
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts