Video shows kangaroos being evacuated to safety from Ukrainian zoo after their closures were 'repeatedly shelled'
- A mob of kangaroos was rescued after its enclosures were "repeatedly shelled" at Kharkiv's Feldman Ecopark.
- In a video shared by the zoo, a man is seen driving a van with several kangaroos in the back.
In a video shared by Feldman Ecopark on Saturday, a man drives a van with at least nine kangaroos loaded in the back.
"Today is a month since the beginning of the war, and we're continuing the evacuation of the animals," the driver said in the video, per The Washington Post.
The zoo did not say where the marsupials were being taken but wrote that "they are already safe." It added that "this is very nice, because their enclosures, unfortunately, were repeatedly shelled." Feldman Ecopark did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
While the kangaroos have been rescued, other animals at the zoo were less fortunate.
On Sunday, the park shared photos of what it said were the remains of shells and announced that a mandrill named Stepan — "a favorite of Kharkiv residents" — had been a victim. Last Friday, it said that four deer and three goats were also killed, adding to a growing list of animal victims that include large cats, primates, and birds.
As Russia continues its invasion of Ukraine, zoos in the country have been caught in the crossfire. Earlier this month, some staffers and their families moved into the Kyiv Zoo to continue caring for the 4,000 animals there even as "tracer ammunition was flying all over the zoo," zoo director Kirill Trentin said.
The group refers to itself as a "zoo military commune," according to Reuters.
- Toyam Sports Limited signed up as title sponsor for India tour of Bangladesh
- Deadly Covid variants still transmissible between species, finds study
- Australia researchers find poor sleep may be risk factor for Type 2 diabetes
- Max Financial Services: Company worth ₹24,000 crore running with only 12 employees
- NPCI defers UPI market cap rules till Dec 31, 2024
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Maruti Suzuki
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World