Video shows the terrifying moment a deadly tornado rips through a Mississippi high school
- CCTV footage shows the moment a tornado ripped through Amory High School in Mississippi.
- The video shows part of the ceiling falling in and large pieces of debris flying through the hall.
CCTV footage shows the shocking moment a deadly tornado ripped through Amory High School in Mississippi.
The video shows part of the ceiling falling in, debris flying through the hall, and electrical cables being dislodged.
—James Spann (@spann) March 25, 2023
In a statement on their Facebook page, Amory High School officials said the tornaodo may have have triggered gas leaks in the building.
This is just one incident in the path of destruction caused by the massive tornado that has so far killed at least 25 people and injured "dozens" more, according to the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency.
Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves issued a state of emergency on Saturday, with President Joe Biden tweeting to say he has offered "full federal support" to aid the recovery from the disaster.
According to CNN, the storm has caused residents of Alabama, Tennessee, and Mississippi to lose power as the violent tornado has ripped across all three states.
The small town of Rolling Fork in Mississippi saw the worst of the storm in Mississippi, with footage on social media showing the region reduced to rubble.
—Jordan Hall (@JordanHallWX) March 25, 2023
Brandy Showah, who lives in Rolling Fork, told CNN that she had "never seen anything like" the storm that destroyed the town.
"This was a very great small town, and now it's gone," Showah told the outlet.
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May