Woman who returned from India tests COVID-19 positive in Singapore, 215 new cases reported
Singapore, Jul 1 () A 44-year-old permanent resident of Singapore, who returned from India, has tested positive for the COVID-19, the health ministry said as the country on Wednesday reported 215 new coronavirus cases, including 205 foreign workers living in dormitories.
The woman, whose nationality has not been disclosed, returned from India on June 24 and was placed on Stay-Home Notice (SHN) at a dedicated facility upon arrival. She developed symptoms on Saturday and tested positive on Tuesday, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said.
There are four imported cases in the country, all of whom have been placed on SHN or isolated upon arrival in Singapore.
With the 215 new cases, the country's COVID-19 tally has reached 44,122. Out of the new cases, 205 are foreign workers living in dormitories, it said.
The other 10 were community cases, comprising six Singaporeans (citizens) or permanent residents (foreigners) and four foreigners on work passes living outside the dorms, it said.
The woman, who returned from India, was among the 246 new coronavirus infections confirmed by the health ministry on Tuesday and was initially counted as a community case but later reclassified as an imported one.
Out of the 246 infections, 240 were foreign workers living in dormitories. The five community patients confirmed were two Singaporeans and three foreigners holding work permits but living outside dorms.
The ministry also confirmed that a 13-year-old Singaporean student has contracted COVID-19, reported The Straits Times.
Overall, the number of new cases in the community has increased, from an average of four cases per day in a week, to an average of seven per day in the past week, the report said.
There are currently 215 confirmed cases who are still in hospitals. Of these, most are stable or improving, and one is in critical condition.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Wipro, Infosys, Tech Mahindra revoke offer letters given to freshers: Reports
- Reliance Jio and Airtel 5G prices may be affordable for now but expected to increase after wider rollout
- Redmi Pad Review: A decent tablet for the masses
- Electronics Mart India IPO is subscribed 1.69 times on day 1
- Big B’s best movies are back on the big screens - Here are 11 you can watch
- Reliance Jio to begin beta trial of 5G in four cities on Dussehra with unlimited data
- With 950 billionaires, Asia outnumbers all other regions: Forbes
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World