Crypto mining manufacturer Bitmain says it will stop shipping equipment to China after the government's crackdown
Cryptomining manufacturer Bitmain said it would stop selling its machines in China after the government's crackdown.
- The company said it will continue to supply other areas with its products, including Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- China issued a ban on all crypto-related activity including mining and trading in late September.
Bitmain, a Chinese mining manufacturer, will stop selling its equipment to residents in mainland China to adhere to the government's ban on mining and trading
The company said it will stop shipping its antminer machines to China, but will continue to sell equipment to users in Hong Kong and Taiwan. Bitmain said it would advise long standing customers in mainland China how they can purchase their mining equipment elsewhere.
The People's Bank of China banned all crypto transactions and related activities in late September in what was the toughest crackdown to date on the market. China's decision has left crypto companies no choice but to stop operating on the mainland, but it has not prohibited them from continuing to trade overseas.
"The adjustment of shipping policy does not affect customers in overseas
- Best floodlights for outdoors in India
- CCI approves HDFC Bank's acquisition of 4.99% stake in HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- Best front lights for bicycles in India
- Best document scanners for office and home use in India
- BCCI announces two new IPL teams — Check out the owners of Lucknow and Ahmedabad franchises