Solana and Terra have jumped by 40% over the last two days despite increased threat of hackers in the DeFi space
cryptocurrenciesSOL and LUNA have surged by 40% in the last two days to an all-time high.
- The altcoins are witnessing renewed interest alongside Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Both the projects enjoy generous funding from A-list investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Galaxy Digital.
- Like Cardano and Polkadot,
Solanaintends to challenge Ethereum's dominance in building and deploying decentralised applications. Terrais a platform with a plethora of stable coins pegged to different fiat currencies.
Solana ($SOL) is up 40%, valuing the token at more than $70. It has managed to break past its peak of mid-May and has a market cap of more than $20 billion.
Meanwhile, Terra's token, called Luna ($LUNA), is also up by almost 40% and priced at a little more than $26.
AdvertisementBoth the DeFi projects have witnessed trading volume rise by a whopping 50%. Despite a massive hack on Poly Network, which resulted in the theft of more than $600 million, investors aren't afraid about DeFi's future at a macro scale.
According to crypto-intelligence firm, CipherTrace, DeFi-related attacks have nearly tripled since last year, and so far this year — excluding the Poly Network hack — their value made up for three-fourths of the major hacks of 2021.
DeFi projects aim to use blockchain — the technology which underpins most cryptocurrencies — to replicate traditional financial services like loans and trading. However, it has become a prime target for attacks, and according to CipherTrace, hackers managed to steal $361 million in just the first seven months of 2021.
In contrast, the Poly Network hack is nearly double the size.
Crypto markets are recovering, and mining companies in North America are raking in the gains
Popular on BI
- WATCH: "Someone said I am good enough to be a rickshaw puller," shares Freshworks CEO Girish Mathrubootham in a candid chat
- Watch a raven take out a Google drone mid-air as the tech giant is forced to ground its home delivery service due to bird attacks
- Those who have held these stocks for a decade have only lost money
- After Moderna chief, Pfizer CEO says COVID-19 likely to end in a year
- Like many 23-year-olds, Google is facing ‘trust’ issues
- COVID-19: Mizoram's positivity rate at 32% after 1,659 new cases registered in the state
- IPL 2021: Mumbai Indians slips down to seventh spot after losing a match to RCB
- The Amazon bribery case in India is getting murkier and the lack of transparency is not helping