Forbes 400 list of the richest people in America now has six new crypto billionaires
- For the first time, there are seven
crypto billionaireson the Forbes 400 list.
- The list includes six newcomers and one veteran.
- More names from the crypto world are expected to join the list with growing interest in
cryptocurrenciesand startups planned to go public.
The list features new names including Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong, Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss owners of Gemini, and
According to Forbes, the increase of crypto billionaires is mostly due to the growing interest in cryptocurrencies. More names are expected to join with startups like Ripple, Kraken, Circle, BlockFi, and eToro expected to go public soon.
AdvertisementHere’s the complete list of the new billionaires with their net worth.
29-year-old Sam Bankman-Fried who is the CEO of cryptocurrency exchange FTX takes most of the pie with a net worth of $22.5 billion.
Brian Armstrong who is the CEO and co-founder of Coinbase and owns around 19% of the
Chris Larsen is the only crypto veteran on the list with a net worth of $6 billion. He made it to the list year with a net worth of $2.7 billion. Larsen is the co-founder and chairman of Ripple which is currently engaged in a legal battle with the US Securities and Exchange Commission over violation of securities law.
The Winklevoss twins, Cameron and Tyler have made it to the list with a net worth of $4.3 billion each. Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss are founders of the crypto exchange Gemini.
Co-founder of Coinbase Fred Ehrsam is also part of the Forbes 400 list with an estimated net worth of $3.5 billion. Ehrsam left the company in 2017 but continues as a board member.
AdvertisementJed McCaleb is attributed as one of the early pioneers in the blockchain space. He even co-founded and served as the CTO of Ripple until 2013. McCaleb made it to the list with a net worth of $3 billion.
India now ranks second on the global crypto adoption index, according to new research from Chainalysis
The crypto market crash made it less attractive to steal cryptocurrencies
Popular on BI
- CCI approves HDFC Bank's acquisition of 4.99% stake in HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- Best front lights for bicycles in India
- Best document scanners for office and home use in India
- BCCI announces two new IPL teams — Check out the owners of Lucknow and Ahmedabad franchises
- Best fingerprint scanners in India