Warner Bros and DC are betting on Batman NFTs to deliver a $60 million profit
Warner Brosand DC Comics plan to launch ‘The Bat Cowl NFTCollection’ on April 26.
- The collection features 200,000 one-of-kind NFTs with a price tag of $300 apiece.
- This implies a $60 million profit for Warner Bros and DC Comics.
200,000 cowls with over 2,000,000,000 potential combinations... We're going to need a bigger cave. Register for upd… https://t.co/MyaAJMFJw2— DC Bat Cowls (@batcowls) 1648821618000
“While Batman is one of the most recognizable superheroes in the world, with hundreds of millions of fans, his appearance has evolved and varied over the last 83 years.”
The NFT launch comes in the footsteps of the latest Batman movie starring
Batman NFTs — More than a mask
The Batman-based NFT collection will be minted on the Palm platform, an Ethereum-based blockchain solution that boasts of faster speeds, lower cost, and lesser energy consumption as compared to Ethereum.
The NFT will give owners a 3D recreation of Batman’s famed mask, or cowl, along with additional benefits. This includes exclusive access to web3 experiences and access to a secret DC Universe fan forum that is open only to NFT holders.
DC has committed to providing NFT holders with a two-year roadmap of perks and features. One of the goals includes introducing owners to augmented reality (AR) and the metaverse.
Last year, DC surprised fans with free NFTs at the DC Fandom event in October. The collection had three levels of rarity and included characters like
NFTs may finally leverage India's fandom for Korean drama and music, which Indian brands have failed to cash in on
Four charts to show how India’s digital payments ecosystem has evolved in the last one year
- Samsung launches Galaxy S23, S23 Plus and S23 Ultra - All you need to know about the new flagship phones
- First Impressions: Samsung Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra bet big on photography and gaming
- Gautam Adani takes the high road and calls off Adani Enterprises FPO after a 28% crash in stock price
- Budget Impact: 10 stocks that stand to gain from FM’s announcements
- Budget to boost confidence of global investors and rating agencies on the India story