Warren Buffett says he wouldn't pay $25 for all the bitcoin in the world — and Charlie Munger blasts the crypto as 'stupid' and 'evil'
Warren Buffettand Charlie Mungerslammed bitcoinand other cryptocurrencies.
- Buffett said he wouldn't pay $25 for the world's entire supply of bitcoin
Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger opened fire at bitcoin and the broader
"If you told me you owned all the bitcoin in the world and you offered it to me for $25, I wouldn't take it," Buffett said. "What would I do with it?"
In contrast, Buffett said he would buy a portion of the country's farmland, or some of the nation's apartments. He reiterated his view that bitcoin isn't worth anything because it doesn't produce anything, and holders rely on somebody else being willing to pay more for it than they did.
"It's got a magic to it, but people have attached magic to lots of things," Buffett added, comparing bitcoin to an insurance company pitching itself as a technological marvel.
Munger, Buffett's longtime business partner, spoke even more harshly about the most valuable cryptocurrency.
"In my life, I try and avoid things that are stupid, evil, and make me look bad in comparison to someone else," Munger said. "Bitcoin does all three."
The billionaire investor explained that holding bitcoin is "stupid" because he expects it to be worth zero dollars in time, "evil" because it undermines the integrity and stability of the US financial system, and makes the US "look foolish" because China's ruling party was smart enough to ban it.
Buffett has previously dismissed bitcoin as "rat poison squared," and described it as a worthless delusion. Meanwhile, Munger has compared the
- At least 21 people, mostly teens, were found dead in a South Africa bar. None of them had any visible wounds.
- Lay’s, Kurkure and Bingo are taking over Indian snacks like Aloo Bhujia, Murukku
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- Akash Ambani to head Reliance Jio - that’s just phase I of Mukesh Ambani’s succession plan
- Maha crisis: Thackeray appeals to the rebels to come back
- Tata Motors to increase price of its commercial vehicle segment from July 1
- Best drilling machine for home use in India
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's biopic is on the works based on the book, The Untold Vajpayee