New iPhones likely to shock the stock markets
As the launch of
In past as well, many a times, new launches from Apple have resulted in poor stock performance for at least one month.
When iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus were launched on September 9, 2014, the stock ended a mere 0.38% higher on Nasdaq, only to rise another 3% the next day. Even after a month, the stock was ruling at the same level.
Similarly, when 5S and 5C were launched on September 10, 2013, the stock had fallen 2.28%, taking another 5.44% hit on September 11.
The launch of iPhone 4S, however, was an exception since the stock rose 7.44% after it was launched on October 4, 2011.
Popular on BI
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Meet Parag Agrawal, the IIT Bombay grad who is taking over from Jack Dorsey at Twitter
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock doubles after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine
- After taking us on a nostalgia trip by featuring 90s stars like Rahul Dravid and Jackie Shroff in its ads, CRED is back at it again, this time with Chacha Chaudhary and Suppandi