New iPhones likely to shock the stock markets
AdvertisementAs the launch of
In past as well, many a times, new launches from Apple have resulted in poor stock performance for at least one month.
When iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus were launched on September 9, 2014, the stock ended a mere 0.38% higher on Nasdaq, only to rise another 3% the next day. Even after a month, the stock was ruling at the same level.
Similarly, when 5S and 5C were launched on September 10, 2013, the stock had fallen 2.28%, taking another 5.44% hit on September 11.
The launch of iPhone 4S, however, was an exception since the stock rose 7.44% after it was launched on October 4, 2011.
Popular on BI
- Adani Ports Q1 profits declines to ₹1,091 crore
- Unicorns and startups should prepare for a longer funding winter, says SoftBank's Masayoshi Son
- Lok Sabha passes Energy Conservation Bill to promote non-fossil fuels
- Indian government is reportedly planning on restricting Xiaomi, Realme, Vivo and Oppo from the budget smartphone segment
- Less than 50% of children able to catch up with age-appropriate learning, claims survey