It looked like Apple Music was coming to Google Home speakers, but Google says it was only a glitch
- On Monday evening, MacRumors discovered that users were able to connect Apple Music with their Google Home smart speakers.
- Previously, that had not been an option.
- However, according to a Bloomberg report on Tuesday, a Google spokesperson said it was just a software bug.
- A Google spokesperson told Business Insider that "Apple Music is currently only available for Google Assistant users on mobile phones. We have nothing to announce regarding updates to Google Home."
Apple Music's availability on Google Home devices was apparently, just a glitch.
On Monday evening, MacRumors discovered that users were able to connect Apple Music, the music streaming service, with their Google Home smart speakers. Previously, that had not been an option within the Google Home app, making it look like an official integration was perhaps on cusp of being announced.
Screenshot / Business Insider
However, according to a Bloomberg report on Tuesday, a Google spokesperson said it was just a software bug that caused Apple Music to appear on the list. It's not immediately clear how such a bug would result in the appearance of the Apple Music name and logo in the Google Home app.
"Apple Music is currently only available for Google Assistant users on mobile phones. We have nothing to announce regarding updates to Google Home," said a Google spokesperson.
Business Insider can confirm that as of the time of publication, users no longer have the option to connect Apple Music with their Google Home devices. Other services, including Spotify, Pandora, and Google's own Google Play Music remain available.
Currently, Apple Music is available on the company's own HomePod smart speaker, which doesn't support any other music streaming service apart from its own. Also, last December the company announced a deal with Amazon, making Apple Music available on smart speakers with Amazon's Alexa voice assistant built in.
Get the latest Google stock price here.
NOW WATCH: What's going on with Jeff Bezos and Amazon
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Why Google employees fear the worst as the company quietly extends its hiring freeze
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day