It's Going To Be A Very Busy Week For The Economy
We hope you're well rested and no longer in a Thanksgiving food coma. You're going to need all the energy you can muster for the week ahead, as it's jam-packed with economic data. And actually that starts tonight!
As it's the first day of the month, today is PMI Day, when manufacturing data from all around the world starts coming out, starting first with Asia. Early tomorrow morning we get European manufacturing data, followed by the US ISM at 10:00 AM ET on Monday.
Also tomorrow we get construction spending.
On Tuesday we get light vehicle sales for November, which tend to be a good indicator of how the job market performed for the month.
Wednesday we get the ADP Jobs report (a preview to Friday's jobs report), as well as ISM Non-Manufacturing and New Home Sales.
Thursday, as always, brings initial jobless claims. Also the 2nd revision of Q3 GDP comes out.
And then Friday, of course, is the big Non-Farm Payrolls report for November. Per Calculated Risk, analyst expect 180,000 new jobs, and the unemployment rate to fall to 7.2%.
For more details on all this data, check out Calculated Risk.
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day