It's The Only App We've Ever Seen With Higher Engagement Than Facebook Itself
There are a lot of ways (and a lot of charts!) to explain why Mark Zuckerberg felt compelled to spend $19 billion on WhatsApp. This chart from Statista is one of the best.
When Zuckerberg explained the deal to analysts, he said, "It's the only app we've ever seen with higher engagement than Facebook itself." Here's a look at WhatsApp's engagement compared to other social networks.
Popular on BI
- A 53-year-old longevity researcher says his 'biological age' is a decade younger thanks to 4 daily habits — but the science behind them is mixed
- OnePlus Nord CE 3 leaks ahead of launch – specs, expected launch date and more
- New CEO of TCS Krithivasan gets a thumbs up from analysts who are betting on his experience & leadership skills
- Fugitive diamantaire Mehul Choksi removed from Interpol database of Red Notices
- US condemns attack on Indian Consulate in San Francisco; pledges to defend safety, security
- Paul Grant who played Ewok on Star Wars passes away at 56
- Sensex, Nifty50 edge up in morning trade led by gains in financial services, PSU bank stocks
- Always open for negotiation: Putin tells Xi Jinping on Ukraine peace plan