I've been using a $1,200 office chair for three years - and it's worth every penny
Today's modern information workers don't sit on gilded chairs. They spend hours, days, and weeks of their lives in office chairs - you know, common adjustable-height chairs with wheels.
Three years ago, I decided I wanted a top-of-the-line chair. A throne. At the time, I frequently worked from home. My thinking went, if I was going to be doing 7 or 8 hours in front of a computer on a regular basis, I could at least be comfortable.
So after digging into my savings, waiting for a good sale, and with a lot of trepidation, I bought Herman Miller's Embody chair. It's the most expensive office chair Herman Miller makes.
This chair has named designers and a philosophy. Herman Miller's website says that the Embody was designed to solve "the lack of physical harmony between people and their technology."
It also currently costs $1,429 on Amazon right now and $1,230 on Herman Miller's site - and that's before shipping and assembly.
So if I had to do it again, would I buy the Embody? Read on …
- Reliance Industries will be hosting its 45th AGM this month — all your need to know
- Great Freedom Festival deals on kitchen products—buy induction cooker, microwave oven, mixer grinder, and more at discount
- Best Amazon deals on large appliances - AC, TV, Fridge, Washing machine, Dishwasher
- Best deals on fashion and beauty during Amazon Great Freedom Festival
- Best deals on furniture items during the sale