I've been using a $1,200 office chair for three years - and it's worth every penny
Today's modern information workers don't sit on gilded chairs. They spend hours, days, and weeks of their lives in office chairs - you know, common adjustable-height chairs with wheels.
Three years ago, I decided I wanted a top-of-the-line chair. A throne. At the time, I frequently worked from home. My thinking went, if I was going to be doing 7 or 8 hours in front of a computer on a regular basis, I could at least be comfortable.
So after digging into my savings, waiting for a good sale, and with a lot of trepidation, I bought Herman Miller's Embody chair. It's the most expensive office chair Herman Miller makes.
This chair has named designers and a philosophy. Herman Miller's website says that the Embody was designed to solve "the lack of physical harmony between people and their technology."
It also currently costs $1,429 on Amazon right now and $1,230 on Herman Miller's site - and that's before shipping and assembly.
So if I had to do it again, would I buy the Embody? Read on …
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again
- The India Chapter of the International Advertising Association elects Megha Tata as its President for a second term
- The beer ‘cartel’ of Kingfisher, Budweiser and Carlsberg have to cough up ₹870 crore in fines