I've taken more than 30 flights over the past year as I've traveled the world, and one airline has the best entertainment system, the friendliest staff, and the best service
- Over the last year, I have traveled the world for Business Insider, visiting more than 20 countries by way of more than 30 flights.
- In that time, I've flown economy with dozens of different airlines, including major US airlines like United, flag carriers like Egypt Air and Air Astana, and budget airlines like Vueling, RyanAir, and Scoot.
- After a year of flying, I've found that my favorite airline I've flown has been Emirates Airlines, thanks to its roomy planes, excellent service and entertainment options, and good food. It tends to be slightly more expensive than other options, but I've found that the comfort is worth it.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Both flights I took on Emirates were on A380s, leaving me with tons of legroom for an economy flight. The added benefit: Because the plane is so large - it can hold up to 800 people - the plane was only half full, which meant there was an empty seat next to me.
The staff is friendly and helpfulOn both my flights, the flight attendants were always willing to help. In particular, on my second flight (my first time trying out business class), the flight attendants came around to offer things I didn't even know I wanted. More than that, though, they were personable. They took the time to chat with passengers and get to know them. It made the flight fun in a way I'd never experienced before.
While Emirates is ranked only 19th in the world in punctuality among mainstream airlines, it is currently ranked second in the Middle East - and it's improving. It ranked fourth last year. I experienced no late arrivals during my flights.
The in-flight entertainment system is top-notch
Meanwhile, the proprietary entertainment system, nicknamed ICE, was excellent. The entertainment options were extensive. There are over 1,800 channels of movies, television, and games, including most "Marvel," "Jurassic Park," and "Mission Impossible" films. There were also films from just about every world region, as well as the information channel with the latest headlines and articles from BBC News.
Emirates consistently wins best in-flight entertainment system year after year. It makes sense why when you use it.
Emirates doesn't skimp on service
The only downside of the airline was the food. It's certainly not the best I've had on an airplane. That still goes to Japan Airlines, which provided tasty, fresh Japanese food.
Prior to flying Emirates, I wondered what the big fuss was. Now that I've flown it twice, there's no airline I'd be more stoked to fly again.
- Cannes Lions 2021: India brings home a Gold, four Silver Lions and three Bronze Lions on Day 2
- E-commerce management platform CommerceIQ raises $60 million, looks to launch India operations by 2022
- Best power banks under ₹ 1000 to buy in India for 2021
- Best business laptops in India for 2021
- India is reportedly mulling over a new crypto tax which could make trading on foreign exchanges more expensive