Jack Dorsey says he 'doesn't care about looking bad' after a bizarre Huffington Post interview
- Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey did an interview with the Huffington Post, which was published on Thursday.
- The interviewer, Ashley Feinberg, characterised Dorsey's answers as "incredibly disorientating."
- Later on Twitter, Dorsey said he "doesn't care about looking bad."
Jack Dorsey said on Twitter that he doesn't care about "looking bad" following a bizarre interview with the Huffington Post published on Thursday.Interviewer Ashley Feinberg challenged Dorsey on a number of subjects, such as harassment, doxing, and Twitter reaching out to conservative groups to consult on alleged liberal bias.Advertisement
She also asked him about some of his own PR mishaps, such as the backlash Dorsey experienced for tweeting about his 10-day meditation retreat in Myanmar during the ongoing Rohingya genocide.
Feinberg characterised her interview with Dorsey as "incredibly disorienting," and her assessment of his answers was scathing."Whether Dorsey does this all deliberately or not, the reason his impassioned defenses of Twitter sound like gibberish is because they are," she said.
Dorsey's reply was vague, "That would be a violent threat. We'd definitely ... You know we're in constant communication with all governments around the world. So we'd certainly talk about it." When pressed, he said he didn't wish to discuss the "particulars."
When tech columnist Will Oremus tweeted about the interview, saying he was, "torn between marveling at the PR blunder and admiring Dorsey's willingness to sit for a hostile interview," Dorsey weighed in.This isn't the first time Dorsey has been subject to a grilling, in September 2017 he went before Congress to testify over election interference and allegations of anti-conservative bias. Advertisement
Doing this interview was my push, not our Comms team. I knew it would be tough. I don't care about looking bad. I care about being open about how we're thinking about what we see. These answers represent our current state. What we know, what we don't, and what we need to improve.- jackie no edits (@jack) January 17, 2019
- HM commanders channelised drug smuggling money in J&K to support terror activities: NIA
- What is gender lens investing? Sangita Reddy, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Nandini Piramal, and Vani Kola share their thoughts
- Luxury icons Sabyasachi and Oberoi open up about their 'perfectionist quirks' like checking the color of egg yolks and slashing clothes so they can’t hit the edit table
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi warns against complacency in the fight against COVID-19
- Best budget smartphone deals under ₹20,000 in the Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2020