Japan's coast guard released a video showing hundreds of Chinese fishing ships near a disputed island chain
The Chinese ships were near the Senkaku Islands in the East China Sea. The disputed island chain, which is nothing more than uninhabited rocks, is administered by Japan but claimed by China.
Flare-ups of this sort have occurred between Beijing and Tokyo in the past. And, despite the Hague's decision to reject China's claim on the South China Sea, the rapid expansion of China's navy paired with Japan's reliance on sea-lanes is a recipe for awakening Japan's pacifist slumber.
Here's the video:
- Apple to launch new MacBook Pro models next month
- Amazon witnessed record Prime sign-ups during the Great Indian Festival Sale 2022, 68 percent from small towns
- Agnikul to launch Agnibaan rocket before 2022
- BYJU's clears ₹2,000 cr dues to Blackstone in $1 bn Aakash deal
- India installs avalanche monitoring radar in Sikkim