Japan's mouthwatering school lunch program is a model for the rest of the world
View all Offers
- 23% OFF
Rupa Unisex-Child Jon Kids Premium Thermal Full Sleeve BLUE-65 Base Layer Top (RNFS Vest_Blue_65Cm)₹ 259₹ 259Buy On
- 45% OFF
Adidas Men's Cotton M Bl Ft Swt Sweatshirt (Ha5635_L, Black/White, L)₹ 1649₹ 2999Buy On
- 66% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Men's Embellished Cape Bomber Jacket (14652_Blue_Xl_Blue_XL)₹ 808₹ 2399Buy On
- 58% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Women's Parka Coat (43322AZ_D.Navy_Medium)₹ 2099₹ 2099Buy On
- 65% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Men's Jacket (81310AZ_Grey_L)₹ 800₹ 2299Buy On
Beginning in elementary school, kids come to understand that what you put into your body matters a great deal in how you think and feel throughout the day - and how you go about your life.
As a country, Japan prioritizes school lunch. If parents can't front the $2.50 cost of a meal, free and reduced lunch programs help kids stay full.
"Japan's standpoint is that school lunches are a part of education," Masahiro Oji, a government director of school health education, told the Washington Post in 2013, "not a break from it."
Here's what it looks like to be one of the global leaders in lunchtime.
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Top deals on recliners, sofas and more home furnishing items
- Best fashion and beauty deals during Amazon sale
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale — Best audio deals on headphones, speakers
- GST on salaries? A new ruling can cause a lot of confusion and litigation
- Nykaa's rival Purplle raises $38 million from Pantaloon’s CEO, Sequoia