Jared Fogle has paid $1 million to 10 of his victims
Ten of the 14 victims have received checks in the amount of $100,000 from the former Subway pitchman, Assistant US Attorney Steven DeBrota told the network.
He will make the remainder of the payments before his sentencing hearing on November 19.
Fogle was charged in August with possessing and distributing child pornography and traveling across state lines to have sex with minors.
The charges involve 14 girls and boys under the age of 18.
He plans to plead guilty to the crimes.
Following his first court appearance, Fogle's attorney said he "knows he has a medical problem" and has sought evaluation by a "world-class psychologist" to get well.
As part of a plea deal, prosecutors have agreed to ask for a prison term of no more than 12.5 years, but a judge will ultimately decide his sentence at the November hearing.
- Apple is hiring engineers and interns for their tech team in India
- Actor James Michael Tyler, known for his role as Gunther on 'Friends,' has passed away at 59 from prostate cancer
- Apple is being sued by a San Francisco man for $1,383.13, the exact cost of his iPhone 12. He says the company refused to fix the device while it was under warranty.
- Reliance Jio lost subscribers for the first time in 10 quarters but there's good news for Mukesh Ambani in this too
- Pankaj Tripathi and Maanvi Gagroo reprise their role as Kaleen Bhaiyya and Siddhi in Amazon Prime India's Diwali campaign
- Internal documents reveal how Facebook struggled to deal with misinformation and hate speech in India
- Clear(Tax) has bagged $75 million from world's highest valued fintech startup Stripe and others to fuel its international expansion
- Mark Zuckerberg hits out against Apple as Facebook's ad revenue dwindles