Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates belong to an exclusive club of people worth over $100 billion, and it just got its 3rd member
- The richest man in Europe, Bernard Arnault, is now worth more than $100 billion, according to Bloomberg's Billionaires Index.
- This means he joins Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates as the third person in the elite $100 billion club.
- Arnault is chair of LVMH, a group which owns luxury brands including Louis Vuitton and Moet & Chandon.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Europe's richest man has joined Jeff Bezos and Bill Gates by becoming worth more than $100 billion.
Arnault is chairman of LVMH, a group which owns brands including Dior, Louis Vuitton, and Moet & Chandon. Bloomberg reports that his wealth has grown by nearly $32 billion this year, the most out of anyone on its Billionaires index.
At time of writing Arnault is $6 billion behind Microsoft cofounder Gates who's worth $106 billion, and $19 billion behind Amazon CEO Bezos, the richest man in modern history.
Arnault was among the crop of billionaires to pledge money to repair Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris. Arnault pledged €200 million ($224 million), although a senior press official at Notre-Dame told the AP last week that the big donations from billionaires such as Arnault had yet to materialise.
- Gold and silver jewellery to get a lot more expensive
- Indian tycoon Gautam Adani has abandoned a $2.5 billion fundraising effort in his latest setback following a short seller attack on his business empire
- It's been a very bad month for Indian billionaires — four of the richest Indians have collectively lost about $45 billion in 2023
- Sensex, Nifty50 likely to open in the green amid positive global cues: Adani Enterprises, SBI Life, HDFC Life among stocks in focus
- Budget to aid flagging affordable home segment, boosts demand with infra push
- BYJU's slashes over 1,000 jobs, mostly from its engineering teams
- Budget 2023-24: Positive for infra and credit growth
- Budget 2023-24: Continued focus on infra to enable growth, create jobs & enhance quality of life