Jeff Bezos Gave An Amazon Customer An Autograph And Some Advice
Amazon introduced its long-rumored Amazon Phone at an event in Seattle last week, and the company invited faithful Amazon customers to attend.The customers added a bit of liveliness to an otherwise typical media tech event: they cheered, they clapped. Even CEO Jeff Bezos' mom was in the audience.
So afterwards, Amazon took its faithful fans back to its campus for a catered lunch and some drinks, according to Geekwire. Bezos made an appearance, and walked around meeting some of the people who were at the lunch.
I understand now why Amazon invited the public to #AmazonEvent. Fans cheer. Journalists don't. Brings authentic exuberance.- Lindsey Turrentine (@lturrentine) June 18, 2014
Here's the result:
"It was evident that he was going to give each of us a moment to say hello and really ensure we knew he appreciated each and every one of us," Angino tells Geekwire. "So it was an excited, but calm atmosphere. He did not give a speech to us, and was not introduced formally, he just walked in and came to each table and looked each of us in the eye and said hello and thank you. I was surprised actually at how sincere it really felt."The Fire Phone goes on sale July 25, but you can only get it if you're an AT&T customer. It costs $199.99 with a two-year contract. You can also buy it without a contract starting at $649.
Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through his personal investment company Bezos Expeditions.
- Best fitness bands for men in India in 2021
- After Google noticed a lack of diversity in most ads it surveyed, it has now launched a toolkit for marketers to help make advertising more inclusive
- Tata Motors and Tata Power have jointly set up India's largest solar carport, aims to reduce 7,000 tonnes of carbon emissions
- Best Electric Toothbrushes in India
- Top 2-ton split ACs for big rooms and halls