Jeff Bezos runs Amazon with 14 demanding leadership principles - here's how a 23-year-old engineer leveraged 5 of them to land a job
- You may want to know how to get a job at Amazon.
- One Amazon engineer recommended memorizing Jeff Bezos' 14 leadership principles, which are a set of guidelines that Amazon employees use to solve problems and innovate on a daily basis.
- After memorizing the principles, the engineer specifically used them in conversation during her interviews.
For those interested in working for Amazon, which was ranked in a LinkedIn survey as the most desired workplace of 2018, memorizing and using those principles is a key way to show your fit in the company culture.
Corey Salzer, a 23-year-old solutions architect who has been working at Amazon Web Services since August 2017, said that mentioning the principles in your résumé, cover letter, and interview is one of the major ways to impress
Courtesy of Amazon
"One of the big things, I would say, is that Amazon really focuses on our leadership principals," Salzer told Business Insider. "They basically encourage a set of guidelines for how Amazon culture operates, so really learning those leadership principles (is important)."
"Memorizing them would definitely help (applicants), and being able to even use them in their language during the interviews," Salzer said.
Use the leadership principal in its exact phrasing, and connect it back to something you've done at a previous job, internship, or project.
Take a look below to see which five of the 14 leadership principles Salzer highlighted in her interviews, and how she recommends using them in real life.
1. Customer obsession
2. Deliver results
3. Learn and be curious
5. Dive deep
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December
- 10 Amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera