Jeff Bezos shot straight to the top of a ranking of America's biggest donors - here's how much tech moguls gave away to good causes in 2018
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy published its "Philanthropy 50," ranking of the top donators to good causes in the US.
- Top among donators was the world's richest man, Jeff Bezos. It was the first time the Amazon CEO has appeared in the list.
- Other tech moguls including Mark Zuckerberg, Paul Allen, and Sheryl Sandberg featured prominently.
The Chronicle of Philanthropy has published its ranking of the top 50 US donators to philanthropic causes in 2018.Figures from the world of tech featured prominently on the list, with Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos topping the list, clinching the top spot from Bill and Melinda Gates.Advertisement
Scroll on to see the top donators from the world of tech, ranked in ascending order.
9. Marc and Lynne Benioff
8. Evan and Sara WilliamsAdvertisement
7. Sheryl Sandberg
6. Bill and Melinda GatesAdvertisement
5. Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan
4. Paul AllenAdvertisement
3. Steve and Connie Ballmer
2. Pierre and Pam OmidyarAdvertisement
1. Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos
- Best microfiber comforters for a comfortable Sleep
- Harley-Davidson exits India as a part of its restructuring plan
- Delhi Crime, Four More Shots Please and Actor Arjun Mathur nominated for Emmy 2020
- DRDO waives 'performance security' for development contracts as an incentive for the private sector
- In Australia, several stranded pilot whales will be euthanised as it is "the most humane thing to do"