JPMorgan is investing billions in the tech arms' race. Here's everything you need to know.
- JPMorgan has been shaking up executive ranks in recent months as the race to see who might succeed CEO Jamie Dimon one day heats up.
- The country's biggest bank by assets is trying to find new ways to use its monster $10.8 billion annual tech budget to better serve clients and compete with rival financial firms.
- It's also investing heavily in digital to lure millennial investors.
- JPMorgan is closely watched as a bellwether for the entire financial industry.
- Business Insider reports regularly on the latest developments at JPMorgan. You can read our stories by subscribing to BI Prime.
Here's what we know about what's going on inside of JPMorgan right now, from who is leading the race to succeed CEO Jamie Dimon one day, to how the bank is deploying its $10.8 billion annual tech spend to better serve clients and compete with rival financial firms.
- JPMorgan says it's poaching Google tech whizzes for its new equity-trading bot as Wall Street ramps up its automation revolution
- JPMorgan is building a cloud engineering hub in Seattle minutes away from Amazon and Microsoft, and it's planning to hire 50 staffers this year
- JPMorgan is in the middle of a 'massive process' of cleaning up thousands of databases, and it's hoping to unleash AI once it's finished
- JPMorgan has tapped buzzy startup Snowflake to help it solve one of the biggest issues firms face when moving to the cloud
- JPMorgan just named its top cyber executive to run tech for retail banking as it steps up its focus on security
- A new study found JPMorgan and BofA are winning Wall Street's technological arms race - and smaller firms may have no choice but to merge to keep up
- A JPMorgan exec explains why AI won't take over the fintech world any time soon
- JPMorgan flipped the banking playbook, and it's helped it find customers, sell more products, and build new branches
- 'If you get to 700, 750, we'll cut your mortgage costs a little bit': JPMorgan is working on ways to reward you for improving your credit score, and it may be the future of consumer finance
- JPMorgan and Citigroup just closed bond desks for smaller trades in favor of algorithms. It's another sign that robots are taking over.
- Goldman Sachs is shuffling its top stock trading executives as the business tries to claw back market share from Morgan Stanley and JPMorgan
- 'Fixed-income markets around the world are going to double': JPMorgan's Dimon offers a bold outlook, and it's a sign bond trading may soar again
- JPMorgan poaches a star equities trader from Goldman Sachs who was part of team that made $200 million in profit in one day
- JPMorgan just promoted 117 people in its corporate and investment banking unit to managing director - and we got the full list
- A senior Goldman Sachs fintech banker was about to join JPMorgan - but then got lured back -and it's another sign of the fierce battle for M&A talent
- A tug-of-war between Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan over a top banker highlights Wall Street's $1 trillion battleground
- JPMorgan's US M&A chief shares the secret sauce for getting deals to pop by flouting an old-school rule of dealmaking
- JPMorgan is chasing a $3 billion opportunity in places like Atlanta, Dallas, and Seattle - and it's raised the stakes in Wall Street's race for national dominance
- Inside the world's biggest all-cash merger: How JPMorgan moved $57 billion in 6 hours so Bayer could pay for Monsanto