'Jurassic World' had a monster opening night
Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment
The Spielberg-produced sequel to "Jurassic Park" has amassed $18.5 million in Thursday night previews, which began at 7pm last night. It opens in 4,273 theaters this weekend and is tracking to earn $125 million or more.
The film also opened in several international markets on Wednesday, earning a combined $24.5 on the day of its debut in China and France.
"Jurassic World" topped "Furious 7" to become the biggest Universal 'late night' Thursday release of all time. "Furious" earned $15.6 on the first Thursday of its release and wound up taking home a cool $147 million through the weekend.
"Jurassic World" stars Chris Pratt & Bryce Dallas Howard as they try and track down a a genetically-engineered, hyper-intelligent dinosaur that gets loose and terrorizes the island. Reviews have been generally favorable. The film currently sports a 71% on RottenTomatoes .
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn